Transport Voucher Yojana has been started by the Government of Rajasthan with the aim of providing financial assistance and support to the girls. Inaugurated by the then Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Hon. Vasundhara Raje.
The Transport Voucher Yojana has been started by the state government to provide compulsory education to the girl child. Girls studying in government secondary/senior secondary schools in rural areas are being given the benefit of the Transport Voucher Scheme if they fall from a distance of five kilometers.
So, Without any delay let’s take a deep look into Transport Voucher Yojana, that Why it is being come into existence, what is it objective, what is the eligibility fo Transport Voucher Yojana and so on..
Objective of Transport Voucher Yojana
Transport Voucher Yojana : With a view to increasing the enrollment rate, retention rate and reducing the gender gap in girl education and keeping in mind the safety of the girl child, the eligible/selected girls of classes 9 to 12 are to be benefited by the facility of transport vouchers.
Under the RTE rules, boys and girls in the age group of 6 to 14 living in scattered, sparsely populated areas and charities, where it is not possible to run the school according to the prescribed norms, study in schools near their place of residence for easy and quality education. Provision has been made for transport voucher facility for class 1 to 8 eligible boys and girls of rural areas for the purpose of providing them easily.
Eligibility to get benefits of Transport Voucher Yojana
- Children of class 1 – 5 in rural area who do not have any government primary school within 1 km distance from their home.
- Children of class 6 – 8 in rural area who do not have any government upper primary school for a distance of 2 km from their home.
- Enrolled children of class 9 – 12 from rural area, who do not have any government secondary / senior secondary school for a distance of 5 km from their home.
- Girls whose homes are more than 5 km away, coming to study in the nearest urban school, if the desired faculty is not available.
- After studying in Swami Vivekananda Government Model School, the following girls will be eligible for the benefits of the scheme –
– All the girls of the same Panchayat Samiti who come from a distance of more than 2 km in class 6 – 8.
– All the girls of the same Panchayat Samiti who come from a distance of more than 5 km in class 9 – 12.
NOTE:- Under the cycle scheme, the girls benefited in any year should not be eligible to avail the benefits of the transport voucher scheme.
Verification process for Transport Voucher Yojana
Select the class and submit. On clicking submit, the list of all the students of the concerned class, class, distance from school to residence, reason for distance and details of eligible / ineligible will appear. Check the eligibility including distance and reason in this detail carefully and if there is any discrepancy, get the entry corrected by applying to the concerned CBEO Office with complete details.
Important Things to note about Transport Voucher Yojana
- After checking the distance of the school from the place of residence of the students correctly and properly, enter it on Shala Darpan. Due to the error, if the eligible student is deprived of the scheme, all the responsibility will be of the head of the concerned institution.
- All the girls taking admission in class 9 in government schools are being benefited under the cycle scheme. Therefore, the girls of class 9 to 12, who are benefited in any year under the cycle scheme, will not be eligible to take advantage of the transport voucher scheme.
- Girls taking admission in class 9 can take advantage of cycle scheme or any one of the scheme as per rules.
- In any case, the girls of class 9 to 12 will not be able to benefit from both the schemes simultaneously.
- The girl child benefited from the cycle scheme in class 9 will not be able to benefit from the transport voucher scheme till class 12.
- The amount of transport voucher is issued from the council office on the basis of calculation of working days of Shivira Panchang. The transport voucher/facility amount is to be issued by the head of the institution to the eligible students only after counting the actual attendance. At the end of the session, the district office will inform the council office about the amount saved in the item itself in the attached prescribed form.
- Any kind of amendment in the distance from the place of residence to the school as mentioned in the ‘Student Detailed Description Form’ prescribed by the head of the institution on the school mirror of the students can be done by the CBEO only. For this, the head of the concerned institution will have to inform the CBEO office in writing. Similarly, even after amendment from CBEO office, any kind of amendment can be done through CDEO/ADPC log-in.
Financial Management of Transport Voucher Yojana
- For the operation of Transport Voucher Yojana , the amount approved by the Rajasthan School Education Council in the PAB of Samagra Shiksha will be used under the item Transport Voucher.
- In the approved annual budget 2020-21, a maximum of Rs.3000/- per student to eligible students for transport vouchers of class 1-5 and class 6-8 and Rs.540/- per month for six months to girls of class 9 to 12 session A maximum provision of Rs.3240/- has been made for 2020-21. More than this amount is not payable to any student.
- Rajasthan School Education Council will be issued transport vouchers to the districts in two installments under the scheme. This amount will be released on the Shaladarpan portal according to the number of eligible students.
- The utilization certificate of the session will be sent to the block office.
- The utility certificate of the session will be obtained from all the PEEOs/schools of secondary education in the block and the utility certificate of the block will be sent to the ADPC office.
- After obtaining the utility certificate from all the block offices, the utility certificate of the district will be sent to the alternative education and formal cell of Rajasthan School Education Council (Comprehensive Education).
- After adjusting the balance amount of the transport voucher of the previous academic session, the transport voucher amount of the next academic session will be issued by the Council to the districts.
- Make sure that the amount is used according to the activity and the guidelines of MHRD and in full compliance with the financial rules, as per the prescribed procedure.
- As per State Government Order No. P.1(16) Education – 1/2007 Jaipur dated 24.01.2020, girls of Swami Vivekananda Model School are to be benefited from Transport Voucher Scheme like other government schools.
- The amount will be utilized as per the financial rules.
Rate of fixed amount under Transport Voucher Yojana
|Class||School type||Distance of residence from school||Category||Rates (per attendance day)||Maximum Payable amount per student in year/month|
|1 to 5||government school||more than 1 km||boy and girl||10 rupees||3000|
|6 to 8||government school||more than 2 km||boy and girl||15 rupees||3000|
|Swami Vivekananda Model School||Same Panchayat more than 2 km||girl child||15 rupees||3000|
|9 to 12||government school||School in rural area more than 5 km||girl child||20 rupees||540 per month(As per PAB 2020-21)|
|Swami Vivekananda Model School||more than 5 km from the same panchayat||girl child||20 rupees||540 per month(As per PAB 2020-21)|
|11 and 12||government school||If the desired faculty or subject is not available in the rural area, students coming to the urban school more than 5 km away||girl child||20 rupees||540 per month(As per PAB 2020-21)|
So Here we covered up all the Regarding information about Transport Voucher Yojana, that Why it was started, What is the purpose behind this scheme, What is the Eligibility for children to get it, also what is the Financial management system for this Transport Voucher Yojana etc. so if you found this article very helpful and informative then kindly share this info as much as possible. Thank you so much for read out this one!